WORLD WAR ONE TOURS- BATTLEFIELDS TOURS FROM PARIS
WW1 "AUSTRALIAN" TOUR ITINERARY
Book the Australian World War One Remembrance tour in France, a private WW1 tour from Paris with your expert guide:
-visit the 1918 Adelaid Australian cemetery in Villers-Bretonneux (east from Amiens), where 955 Commonwealth Servicemen are buried or commemorated (266 of the graves are unidentified). See the Tumb of the Unknown Soldier.
- after this, you will visit the Australian National Memorial, where Queen Elizabeth laid a bunch of poppies 20 years after the end of the war. On these walls, you will see more than 11.000 Australian names of the "missing in action". A sign reads "Do Nor Forget Australia".
- tour the French-Australian museum at the Victoria School of Villers-Bretonneux.
- stop at the Lochnagar Crater, the largest crater ever made by man during the war (south of the village of La Boisselle) The Lochnagar mine was sprung by the British at 7:28 a.m. on 1 July 1916 and left a crater 330 ft (100 m) deep and 98 ft (30 m) wide.
- Your guide will then take you to the Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial, where the Terre-Neuve Regiment suffered heavy losses in less than 30mn with 801 casualties.
- visit of the Peronne Historial, Museum of the Great War, imbedded in an old medieval castle.
At the end of the tour, your tour guide will drive you back to your accommodation in Paris.
As a reminder, we only give World War One private tours from Paris.
Once England declared war against Germany on June 4, 1914, Australia automatically followed, sending more than 416.000 men to Europe, of which over 60.000 of them were killed.
For the WW1 "AMERICAN TOUR" ITINERARY please click here
For the WW1 "CANADIAN TOUR" ITINERARY please click here
Word War 1 Australian Battlefields Private Tour Rates:
- pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Paris
- cut the line entrance tickets (WW1 Australian National Museum)
- tour with a licensed guide inside the museum
Meals, gardens entrance tickets, gratuity (discretionary)
Our prices are in euros & per vehicle/party (not per person)
>> Mercedes van 7 seater
With a driver-licensed guide
Price per party/group (not per person):
1-4 persons 900€
5-7 persons 950€
>> Mercedes Sprinter bus max. 17 seater
Driver + licensed tour guide
Price: on request (for up to 17 people)
Please make sure to contact us before to check our availability
firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +33 6 24 89 24 12