CHAMPAGNE TOURS FROM PARIS
Book a Champagne day tour with us for a memorable experience. France is well-known for its architecture, arts, but also for its cheeses, its many vineyards and its tasty Champagne. You will have the privilege to visit one of its most important Champagne Houses such as Veuve Clicquot, Ruinart, Moet & Chandon or many others... During your visits, you will learn all the secrets of Champagne's process (Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, Chardonnay grapes) and production (harvesting, alcoholic fermentation, dosage, riddling...). You'll also be capable of distinguishing differences between brut, extra brut, brut nature and sec Champagne bottles. Last but not least, you'll taste great bottles from great houses or/and small producers that you won't be able to find in your country.
How will your Champagne tour run through?
Your Champagne day tour from Paris will start with a pick up at your accommodation at 8:00 am in Paris in a private luxury van (personalized pick up and drop off at your hotel or at your private apartment in Paris, like AirBnb for example).
Two hours drive will be necessary to take you to your destination. Your driver guide will give you brief explanations of your day program. Once you'll arrive, your tour in the best Champagne houses and cellars will start.
Our tours have a total duration of 11h maximum and include the visit of two bubbly houses in Reims and/or in Epernay.
All our tours include private transportation, pick up and drop off in Paris, a driver/licensed tour guide who gives you live comments while driving. To visit the cellars, you have the choice between a shared tour or a private tour given by a local guide working for the Champagne producer, simply let us know which option you prefer. Lunches are not included in our tours, we recommend you to experience either typical bistro type restaurant or finest restaurants in the region.
Some of your tour guides are originally from the Champagne region and lived half of their life there, so they know the region very well and can recommend you about the best choices.
Cautions for your visits: Please note that the wine cellars in a winery can be quite damp & cold (50°F/10°C), bring warm clothes for the visit. As you'll have to climb lots of stairs, this tour is not recommended for disabled people or for small children.
Two destinations for your Champagne private tour:
As France have many famous Champagne Houses, visiting all of them in a day is quite impossible. So, we propose you two routes: tour and tasting in Epernay or Reims.
Best Champagne tour in Epernay:
Check out our Famous Champagne Houses list and organize your tour :
- Dom Perignon private tour rate: 110 euros per person (this tour can be upgraded to tastings of P2 Dom Perignon on request).
- Moet & Chandon: from 20 euros per person (shared tour); private tour 90 euros per person on request.
- Small Champagne producer: 27 euros per person for a shared tour, 47 € per person for a private tour (in the Côte des Blancs, the area where mostly Chardonnay grapes are grown) 2 Champagne glasses per person included.
Best Champagne tour in Reims:
Taste great Champagnes during your tour:
- Ruinart shared tour: 70 euros per person ; private tour on request
- Veuve Clicquot shared tour: 1h Clicquot Spirit tour 30 euros per person 1h15 Clicquot Signature tour 55 euros pp ; private tour 255 euros per person by appointment only
- Taittinger cellars tour: from 20 euros per adult (shared tour; private tour not available)
- Pommery or Mumm guided tour: 25 euros per person (shared tour, private tour available on request)
- Smaller producer near Reims: between 30 and 47 euros per person (private tour).
Please note that Krug and Louis Roederer do not offer guided visits to the public, unfortunately.
Other services you may like during your Champagne tour from Paris:
We offer different services to make you enjoy more your visits.
On request, if you are interested in French history we can:
- give you a guided tour of the Reims cathedral, where King Clovis was baptized by Saint Remi in AD 498 and where 31 French Kings were crowned (Reims is the City of the Coronations)
- visit the museum of the Reddition In Reims where the Nazis capitulated first on May 7th, 1945 before signing again the next day in Berlin
- drive you through the colorful vineyards of the noblest wines and its typical villages, among them Hautvillers, the village where Dom Perignon used to live and where his tomb is, Ay, Oger etc. On request, we can start the tour from Reims or Epernay (we do not give any shared/semi-private tours)
If you're trying to find the best way to get to the Champagne region from Paris, we offer the most comfortable door-to-door service from your accommodation in Paris with our luxury Mercedes vans. If you eventually wish to meet one of our licensed tour guides in Reims or in Epernay instead of Paris we can also provide this service, please contact us for a quote.
You want to know everything about Paris and its surroudings ? Discover our day trips from Paris.
Champagne tasting tours- What they include