ORGANIZATION OF CHAMPAGNE TOURS FROM PARIS
France is specially known for its sun, its many vineyards and its delicious taste Champagne. You will have the privilege to visit its most important champagne Houses such as Veuve Clicquot, Moet & Chandon and many others... During your visits, you will learn all the secrets of Champagne's process (pinot noir, pinot meunier, chardonnay grapes) and productions (harvesting, alcoholic fermentation, dosage, riddling...). You'll also be capable of distinguishing differences between brut, extra brut and sec Champagne bottles. Last but not least, you'll taste great bottles from great houses or small producers that you won't find in your country.
How will your Champagne tour run through?
Your Champagne day tour from Paris will start with a pick up at your accommodation at 8:00 am in Paris in a private luxury van (personalized pick up and drop off at your hotel or at your private apartment in Paris, like Airbnb for example).
Two hours drive will be necessary to take you to your destination. Your driver guide will give you brief explanations of your day program. Once you'll arrive, your tour in the best Campagne houses and cellars will start.
Our tours have a total duration of 11h maximum and include the visit of two bubbly houses in Reims and/or in Epernay (these are shared tours in the cellars; if you wish a private tour in each cellar please contact us for a quote)
All our tours include private transportation, pick up and drop off in Paris, a driver/licensed tour guide who gives you live comments while driving. To visit the cellars, you have the choice between a shared tour or a private tour given by a local guide working for the Champagne producer, simply let us know which option you prefer. Lunches are not included in our tours, we recommend you to experience either typical bistro type restaurant or finest restaurants in the region.
Some of your tour guides are originally from the Champagne region and lived half of their life there, so they know the region very well and can recommend you which are the best choices.
Cautions for your visits:
Please note that the wine cellars in a winery can be quite damp & cold (50°F/10°C), bring warm clothes for the visit.
As you'll have to climb lots of stairs, this tour is not recommended for disabled people or for small children.
Two destinations for your Champagne private tour:
As France possesses many famous Champagne Houses, visiting all of them in a day is quite impossible. So, we propose you two routes : tour and tasting in Epernay or Reims.
Best Champagne tour in Epernay:
Check out our Famous Champagne Houses list and organize your tour :
- Dom Perignon private tour rate: 120 euros per person (this tour can be updated with tastings of P2 Dom Perignon on request).
- Moet & Chandon: from 20 euros per person (shared tour); private tour price on request.
- Small Champagne producer: 27 euros per person for a shared tour, 47 per person for a private tour (in the Cτte des Blancs, the area where mostly Chardonnay grapes are grown) 2 Champagne glasses per person included.
Best Champagne tour in Reims:
Taste great Champagnes during your tour:
- Ruinart guided tour: 70 euros per person (shared); private tour on request
- Veuve Clicquot tour : 28 euros per person (standard shared tour) or 55 euros (on the Steps of Mrs Clicquot high end shared tour)
- Taittinger cellars tour: from 20 euros per adult (shared tour; private tour not available)
- Pommery or Mumm guided tour: 25 euros per person (shared tour, private tour available on request)
- Smaller producer near Reims: 27 euros per person (shared tour) or 47 euros pp for a private tour.
Please note that Krug and Louis Roederer do not offer guided visits to the public, unfortunately.
Other services you may like during your Champagne tour from Paris:
We propose you different services to make you enjoy more your visits.
On request, if you are interested in French history we can:
- give you a guided tour of the Reims cathedral, where King Clovis was baptized by Saint Remi in AD 498 and where 31 French Kings were crowned (Reims is the City of the Coronations)
- visit the museum of the Reddition In Reims where the Nazis capitulated first on May 7th, 1945 before signing again the next day in Berlin
- drive you through the colorful vineyards of the noblest wines and its typical villages, among them Hautvillers, the village where Dom Perignon used to live and where his tomb is, Ay, Oger etc. On request, we can start the tour from Reims or Epernay (we do not give any shared/semi-private tours)
If you wonder what is the best way to get to the Champagne region from Paris, we offer the most comfortable door-to-door service from your accommodation in Paris with our luxury Mercedes vans. If you eventually wish to meet one of our licensed tour guides in Reims or in Epernay we can also provide this service, please contact us for a quote.
You want to know everything about Paris and its surroudings ? Discover our day trips from Paris.
Champagne tour rates: