CHAMPAGNE TOURS FROM PARIS
Your Champagne day tour from Paris will start with a pick up at your accommodation at 8:00 am in Paris in a private luxury van (personalized pick up and drop off at your hotel or at your private apartment in Paris, like AirBnB for example).
Your driver-guide will give you a brief explanation of your day program in the Champagne region during your 2-hour drive, then you will be able to start your Champagne private tour by visiting some of the best Champagne houses and cellars available during your stay.
Champagne tours in Epernay
Dom Perignon private tour rate: 120 euros per person (this tour can be updated with tastings of P2 Dom Perignon on request).
Moet & Chandon: from 20 euros per person (shared tour) private tour price on request.
Small Champagne producer: 27 euros per person for a shared tour, 47 € per person for private tour (in the Côte des Blancs, the area where mostly Chardonnay grapes are grown) 2 Champagne glasses per person included.
Champagne tours in Reims
Ruinart guided tour: 70 euros per person (shared) private tour on request
Veuve Clicquot tour : 30 euros per person (standard shared tour) or 54 euros (for the high end shared tour)
Taittinger cellars tour: from 20 euros per adult (shared tour; private tour not available)
Pommery or Mumm guided tour: 25 euros per person (shared tour, private tour available on request)
Smaller producer near Reims: 27 euros per person (shared tour) or 47 euros pp for a private tour.
Please note that Krug and Louis Roederer do not offer guided visits to the public unfortunately.
Champagne private tour
All our tours include private transportation, pick up and drop off in Paris, a driver/licensed tour guide giving you live comments while driving. For the visit of the cellars, you have the choice between a shared tour or a private tour given by a local guide working for the Champagne producer, simply let us know which option you prefer. Please note that the wine cellars in a winery can be quite damp & cold (50°F/10°C), bring warm clothes for the visit. This tour is not recommended for anyone who is disabled or has trouble with lots of stairs (or for small children)
Some of your tour guides are originally from the Champagne region and lived half of their life there, so they know the region very well and can recommend you which are the best choices.
For lunch, experience either a typical bistro-type restaurant or one of the finest restaurants in the region (lunch not included in our tours)
Champagne day trip from Paris
By visiting the Champagne area in France you will :
- learn about the Champagne's process (pinot noir , pinot meunier, chardonnay grapes)
- receive the most important facts about the local industry, understand the difference between a brut, extra brut and sec Champagne bottle
- visit some of the best Champaign houses recommended by our guide originally from the area
- taste great bubbly bottles from small producers that you will not find in your country
- know the difference between a non-vintage & vintage Champagne, a grand cru and a premier cru village Champagne
- make the difference between the cuvée & the taille steps
- understand how rosé Champagne is produced
- learn about the harvesting, the alcoholic fermentation, the dosage, the riddling, and so much more!...
Our tours have a total duration of 11h maximum and include the visit of two bubbly houses in Reims and/or in Epernay (these are shared tours in the cellars; if you wish a private tour in each cellar please contact us for a quote)
On request, if you are interested in French history we can :
- give you a guided tour of the Reims cathedral, where King Clovis was baptized by Saint Remi in AD 498 and where 31 French Kings were crowned (Reims is the City of the Coronations) or
- visit the museum of the Reddition In Reims where the Nazis capitulated first on May 7th, 1945 before signing again the next day in Berlin
- drive you through the colorful vineyards of the most noble of wines and its typical villages, among them Hautvillers, the village where Dom Perignon used to live and where his tomb is, Ay, Oger etc.
On request, we can start the tour from Reims or Epernay (we do not give any shared/semi-private tours)
If you wonder what is the best way to get to the Champagne region from Paris, we offer the most comfortable door-to-door service from your accommodation in Paris with our luxury Mercedes vans. If you eventually wish to meet one of our licensed tour guides in Reims or in Epernay we can also provide this service, please contact us for a quote.
We like to pick you up at 8:00am for you to be able to enjoy your Champagne excursion the most.
Please contact us first before booking to make sure we have the availability.
The local cities of Reims and Epernay are home of the major producers. The Champagne region has 34,000 ha (83,000 acres) of vineyards. From Paris, it is a 90mn - 2 hour drive maximum.
Champagne tour rates: