CHAMPAGNE PRIVATE TOUR
Your Champagne day tour from Paris will start with a pick up at your accommodation at 8:00 am in Paris in a private luxury van (hotel or private apartment). Your driver-guide will give you a brief explanation of your day program in the Champagne region during your 2-hour drive, then you will be able to start your Champagne private tour by visiting one of these houses and cellar :
Best Champagne tours in Epernay (tasting fees not included in our tours):
Moet & Chandon cellars from 25 euros per person (shared tour) or 50 euros per person (private tour if available)
Dom Perignon private tour: 115 euros per person (private tour in the cellars)
Small producer near Epernay: 27 euros per person shared tour or 47 €/pp private tour if available (in the Côte des Blancs, the area where mostly Chardonnay grapes are grown) two Champagne glasses per person included
Champagne wine tours in Reims (with a small group in the cellars):
Ruinart guided tour: 70 euros per person (shared) private tour on request
Veuve Clicquot tour : 27 euros per person (standard shared tour) or 52 euros (for the high end shared tour)
Taittinger cellars tour: from 20 euros per adult
Pommery or licensed tour Mumm guided tour: 25 euros per person
Smaller producer near Reims: 27 euros per person or 47 €/per person for a private tour if available
Please note that the wine cellars in a winery can be quite damp & cold (50°F/10°C), bring warm clothes for the visit. This tour is not recommended for anyone who is disabled or has trouble with lots of stairs (or for small children)
Some of your tour guides are originally from the Champagne region and lived half of their life there, so they know the region very well and can recommend you which are the best choices.
For lunch, experience either a typical bistro-type restaurant or one of the finest restaurants in the region (lunch not included in our tours).
By visiting the Champagne area in France you will :
- learn about the Champagne's making process (pinot noir , pinot meunier, chardonnay grapes)
- receive the most important facts about the local industry, understand the difference between a brut, extra brut and sec
- visit some of the best Champaign houses
- taste great bubbly bottles from small producers that you can not find in your country
- know the difference between a non-vintage & vintage Champagne, a grand cru and a premier cru village
- make the difference between the cuvée & the taille, understand how rosé Champagne is made
- learn about the harvesting, the alcoholic fermentation, the dosage, the riddling, and so much more
Our Champagne day trips have a total duration of 11h maximum and include the visit of two bubbly houses in Reims and Epernay (shared tours in the cellars; if you wish a private tour in the cellars please ask us for a quote)
On request, if you are interested in French history we can :
- give you a guided tour of the Reims cathedral, where King Clovis was baptized by Saint Remi in AD 498 and where 31 French Kings were crowned (Reims is the City of the Coronations) or
- visit the museum of the Reddition In Reims where the Nazis capitulated first on May 7th, 1945 before signing again the next day in Berlin
- drive you through the colorful vineyards of the most noble of wines and its typical villages, among them Hautvillers, the village where Dom Perignon used to live and where his tomb is, Ay, Oger etc.
We only give private tours of the Champagne region from Paris. On request, we can start the tour from Reims or Epernay (we do not give any shared/semi-private tours)
If you wonder what is the best way to get to the Champagne region from Paris, we offer the most comfortable door-to-door service from your accommodation in Paris with our luxury Mercedes vans. If you eventually wish to meet one of our licensed tour guides in Reims or in Epernay we can also provide this service, please contact us for a quote.
We like to pick you up at 8:00am for you to be able to enjoy your Champagne excursion the most.
Please contact us first before booking to make sure we have the availability.
The local cities of Reims and Epernay are home of the major producers. The Champagne region has 34,000 ha (83,000 acres) of vineyards. From Paris, it is a 90mn - 2 hour drive maximum.
Champagne Private Tour Rates: