Organization of D-Day tours from Paris
During World War 2, most parts of France were occupied by Germans. Normandy seemed to be the perfect place to start freeing the country from this regime. The assault of the 5 beaches (Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword beach) and the Normandy war represent a turning point in the war. On this day, Germans came to realize D-Day was a real invasion, not a diversion.
Experience a memorable private D-Day guided tour with our day trip to Normandy from Paris with our expert driver-guide. Visiting Normandy beaches will make you relive a very important day that marked France History. You will truly realize the sheer size of Operation Overlord: 156,000 men landing on a 50-mile stretch (Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword) including the paratroopers.
Reliving D-Day: Normandy beaches tours from Paris
We are pleased to offer two different tour experiences. The private D-Day Normandy guided tour will be perfect for you if you want to learn every detail of this memorable day. Those who are more curious by the role of Americans in this war will enjoy the American D-Day Normandy landing beaches tour. Note that we organize a special Paris day tour to the Normandy beaches for our Canadian and British clients. You will discover Juno beach and the Canadian D-Day museum, the gun battery at Longues sur Mer and the artificial harbour, code-named Mulberry B at Gold beach (Arromanches). We can also take you to Sword Beach and Pegasus Bridge in Benouville.
Classic tour: Normandy tour from Paris
A private D-Day Normandy guided tour of:
- Pointe du Hoc, where 225 US American Rangers led by Colonel James Earl Rudder had to achieve an impressive and almost impossible mission by climbing the cliffs under fire in order to destroy six 155mm guns.
- Omaha Beach, where your Normandy D-Day licensed tour guide will explain you both the American and the German perspective.
- After lunch (not included) guided tour of the American cemetery in Colleville sur Mer
- return to Paris.
Tour duration: 12 hours
American D-Day Normandy Landing Beaches
(for an extra 200 euros; only for tours with vans, not with a bus)
We start this Normandy battlefield tour with:
- Tour of Sainte Mere Eglise and a visit of the 82nd airborne museum.
- Guided tour of Pointe du Hoc
- A commented visit of Omaha Beach
- Private tour of the American cemetery in Colleville sur Mer.
Tour duration: 13 hours (this tour is only available with the Mercedes V Class, not with the Sprinter bus)
Please note that all our tours from Paris to the Normandy beaches are exclusively private guided tours (we do not offer shared/semi-private tours). All tours and transportation are subject to availability.
Enrich your culture about France with all of our day trips from Paris.
Normandy tours from Paris rates :
- pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Paris (hotel or apartment)
- transportation from Paris to Normandy in a comfortable luxury Mercedes van
- dedicated tour of the D-Day Normandy sites with a passionate licensed guide
- meals, gratuity (discretionary)
Our prices are in euros & per vehicle/party (not per person)
>> Mercedes van 7 seater
5-6 persons 1250
With a licensed tour guide driving
Price per party/group (not per person):
1-4 persons 1200
6-7 persons 1395
>> Mercedes Sprinter bus 18 seater
Driver + licensed tour guide
Price: 2400 flat rate/group (18 persons max.)
A 2-day Normandy tour is also available here.
We are proud to offer some of the best Normandy tours from Paris in the industry since 2000, please feel free to contact us if you have any question.